hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hollow Sidewalks Launched!

Hollow Sidewalks Launched, Musicians Everywhere Shit Themselves
(Queens, NY)

After years of field research at way too many shows and months of deliberation and internal debate, Hollow Sidewalks has become a reality. Finally. Musicians everywhere--from the Bowery to Billysburg--shit themselves.

"Who else is better suited to cover the NYC music scene?" asks Hollow Sidewalks' founder, Heather Hollow. "I must've spent over $500 on shows this year alone. And that doesn't cover film, CDs, pins, stickers, or eating on the run."

But musicians aren't happy. Said one musician who asked to remain nameless, "All these years I've been getting by on my good looks and connections alone. I've always thought that being in a band was the coolest. Y'know, free drinks, tons of girls, drugs.... This changes everything."

"That bitch!" said yet another musician who asked to remain anonymous. "Being a woman in a band is hard enough. Performing in heels is a drag. The stage lights are harsh and my makeup always runs. Plus guitars are really heavy and I always break a nail. I'm trying to show my sisters that they can be more than groupies. Isn't that noble enough? You mean I actually have to have talent now?"

Strangely enough, every musician we spoke to asked to remain anonymous. Perhaps this is a wakeup call and the times are gonna be a'changing out there in gigland. Yeah, right. Now wouldn't that be great?