hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lost Again

I had another dream that I was lost. This one also involved a school. For some reason, a lot of my dreams recently have involved schools. For some reason, I think they're elementary schools. Probably because with the way things are going in my life, elementary school was a time when I didn't have these adult problems to worry about. I always see dark staircases. People who interpret dreams would probably attach a lot of significance to that, I guess. This time I saw windows--the steel cages that cover public school windows in the city. One was painted red and one was green. I wasn't sure which school I belonged in, the one with the red window cages or the green. Walking around outside, looking at the windows, I got lost. I used to have dreams that I was in college and it was getting close to finals time and I realized--too late--that I forgot to go to one of my classes after the first week. For the rest of the semester. As of late, I'm in hallways trying to find classes during that transition period of a new year when you don't carry your schedule around, relying on memory, and wondering if I'm in the right place at the right time. There were also dreams where I'm in this school hallway that kept going in circles and I was trying to find the English Dept. and just going in circles. The meaning of that last one is most likely my subconscious going, Way to go, majoring in creative writing. You can't pay the bills as a writer.

Also, because this is me, I saw bands in my dream last nite as well. I don't know where I was for this one, but WWIX was playing. They were doing Intervention (the song, not an actual intervention) and there was a big circle pit going. Then I was at the Rock Revue, only for some reason it started out at CBGB (even tho it didn't look like CBs) and then we went outside, down this long, grassy path with trees all around, which I've been to before in dreams tho I don't know where this exactly is in real life, to a dark, sit-down auditorium for the rest of the show. All the usual ringers were there. I remember thinking, If the Seanchai show ends up being held here, I'm not going to stay. Then I thought how funny it was that I just saw WW9 playing Intervention and now I'm going to hear Rogue's March do Shut Up And Drink. Well, it was funny in my dream. I'm funnier in my dreams.

The band part happened first, then the school/lost bit. It was such an eerie feeling, being lost, that I had to wake myself up. I was worried that it was already 7:00, which is the 1st time I get up, when the alarm goes off, and then I go back to sleep for another hour because I can't get out of bed in the mornings anymore.

What can I say? I'm funnier when I'm asleep.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Matthew Sheahan said…

    World War IX played a great show last night (and Blackout Shoppers didn't do too bad either)! You will have more opportunities to see these great bands again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home