hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hollow Sidewalks Is Go!

I inadvertantly went live last Thursday. I had the ideas for the first 2 posts before I even went ahead with the blog. I went to this site a few times and chickened out before I even created the thing. I gave up.

Then I had all these shows coming up that I had tix for or previous plans to go. I figure, What the hell. I'm going anyway, take pix. I went to that DotDash show and they were playing all these old punk videos. I thought, What could be more DIY than me actually doing this? I know nothing about HTML or code. Then I realized by giving up writing I was giving up on myself and music. I didn't know which was worse. Human Eye lit a vacuum and computer monitor on fire. The next day I saw Intro5pect and was just blown away.

I set the blog up on 7/24. Nobody's going to read it. Both ideas were thrilling. I wrote the 1st 2 articles and had them as a draft. What I intended to do with that was just stare at them in draft mode and try to keep myself from deleting it. Then I tried to post my picture to my profile and it came up as a post. I figure, What the hell. Why not post everything?

I was surprised I was able to make the links. I was worried that this is justifying my bad behavior but, hey. 10 years ago I was a DJ so this is just the next phase of that. What I can't figure out is the post summary thing, so either it's very obvious which is why I'm overlooking something or it's my computer. So apologies for that long-ass one. I'll figure it out eventually. Or delete everything. You know, it's all good.