hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The End.

Well, here we are. The start of CMJ. My personal deadline for the site to be ready for the reading/viewing/commenting public. I was in the middle of catch-up over here, getting up to date. And my computer froze. I heard my CDROM drive doing a number on my CDs but I never saved the article I was working on till it was too late. The cursor would not move. I tried prying the CD out. I waited for the computer to catch up with the drive. I let the thing rest. I put in Hit After Hit 'cause that's the first CD I saw that was on an actual record label. I thought that was doing it, y'know how when you put some CDs in the car stereo and the display doesn't come up? I waited for the screen to go dark in cooldown mode, but then worried if my mouse wasn't moving at all, I'd never be able to see what was on the screen. So I wrote down whatever I could see. And then faced facts and did a reboot. And then cried.

But I'm afraid I'll have to face facts and move on. So much for blogging about CMJ. I wanted to do the site because things have to be current in the music world, because I'm sick of seeing the sucky bands flourish, and to give something back to the bands who mean so much to me and who have given me so much. I guess one of the "advantages" of being older is realizing what's a pipedream and what isn't quicker. I mean, come on. Writing a book? I should put my attention on cleaning my place up and getting another job. Screw the blog. Well, at least it only took me a month and a half to realize that this is another half-baked H scheme that isn't getting me anywhere. The reason I can't afford to get all that film developed? I keep buying film and taking pix.

So my computer's a piece of shit. I shouldn't complain; my house isn't under water. I know where my cat is. I can't afford my rent, but as I've been hearing for the past few years, I should be thankful I even have a job. I am, don't get me wrong. It's just that this is the latest in the string of "I can't catch a break." That's it. No more whining, I promise.

Then I was thinking to just go on with the site; it doesn't matter if I'm missing that one post. I'll have others. But I was writing that. I don't know, it's not like I lost everything save for the 1st paragraph. I can paraphrase and it's not that bad. Of course I'd planned to get to bed early last nite because of the week I'm about to have.... There I go again. I don't have to be going to all these shows.

I guess I can't say that I never tried blogging. And today's post was supposed to have the comments on. But here I am committing blogicide and I'd feel like a bigger loser to see 0 comments. Oh well. Can't say I never tried.