hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Am Not Making This Up....

I got in at 1:20 this morning. I went to find a box of tissues to bring to work and for some reason I thought there might be one under the pile of plastic shopping bags behind my kitchen chair. Who knows. Anything's possible, right? I bent down to look and find a scrap ripped out from the Voice Choices, venue-side up. Hmm, maybe it's something important. Dougie Needles @ Arlene's. I flip it over. Why am I saving this scrap of paper, and what is it doing behind my chair?

It's Switzy's Spunk Lads review, for their Southpaw gig.

This is a sign.
Knowing my luck, it is not a good sign.

Well, of course not. That's the gig where my toe got fucked up. But if I wasn't looking for the tissues the review could've gotten lost or thrown out or messed up.

Still, I went to bed with my eyes watery and tearing over from my allergies.

I woke up before the alarm went off and my watch was missing. Either I took my watch off in my sleep, or I toss and turn so much that the end of the band slipped out of the holder and unbuckled itself. I went back to sleep, the alarm went off, I went back to sleep, noticed it was late, went back to sleep, and got up at 8:25. Fucking non-drowsy allergy medication. I felt like I could go back to sleep at any second and couldn't sleep on the subway, probably because I couldn't get my favorite seat. Walking down 28th, a woman heading east was carrying a big vase of flowers in front of her face and I had to move closer to the shops, out of her way.

"I had to identify the body and sign some papers...." said one of the workers standing in front of the store to the other.

So hopefully oversleeping is it for my bad luck for now, and I don't have any other whammies coming down the pike.

Nothin' but blue skies from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home