hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Another One Bites The Dust

And another one down, another one down.....

The latest band to break up--sorry, "call it quits...at least for now" or "on a hiatus of undetermined length"--before I even get the pix developed is The Repercussions, due to their guitarist and bassist jumping ship. This sucks, because I really like them.

They announced their final 3 dates, one in NYC tomorrow and 2 on Lawn Guyland--one with another band playing their last gig and who were also on the 1st Repercussions bill. I feel terrible; I have a show tomorrow. There were a few other times I saw them listed around but I was busy. So I get Roger's theory that maybe The Spunk Lads could've had a chance if they were in another city other than NYC.

I first saw The Repercussions at the end of July on a Coverless Continental Crapshoot. Hollow Sidewalks was in its early stages and I wasn't sure if I was going to go ahead with it. I was thinking about sending them a link to my site but felt why bother if the site wasn't ready for viewers and I was still trying to build up the courage to let it be seen by others. Maybe their breakup is all my fault. I can't remember which band I said at the door, but I hope the CD and pins that I bought helped somewhat.

TombstoneThe Repercussions, February 2003-October 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home