hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Gobble Gobble Hey!

TurkeyI wish I could take credit for that one but CBGB actually came up with that; it's on their calendar ad for this week.

I decided not to go out tonite. I wanted to go to Lit but thought of staying in when I heard I'd have to be at my mom's @ 9AM and didn't want to be out late the nite before. Then when it was changed that I'm meeting her @ Jamaica for the 11:47 train, I figured that was a green light for going out the nite before.

There's a Bollocks listed at Lit. $5. Could be good. Random searching online came up with the obligatory X-rated references and Sex Pistols references. A mention of a crappy, 2-piece ska band. But it's $5, the night before T-Day. When I don't have to get up (that) early the next day. I checked on Interpunk. A 'hawked and studded Japanese streetpunk band. Y'know, for some reason I can't see Lit booking a band like that. The Bollocks played at Arlene's but there was no link on the site. I can't see Arlene's booking a Japanese streetpunk band. I checked their rekkid label's site for tourdates. Nope. So I had to look on Myspace to see who had a gig @ Lit listed. Nothing for Bollocks but a few for The Bollocks. I kept thinking, Please let it be the Japanese streetpunks, please let it be the Japanese streetpunks, but watch it be the ones from Brooklyn describing themselves as "Alternative/Breakbeat/Rock."

Of course. And they're a duo, so maybe they're the "ska band" someone mentioned. Plus they look like douchebags, as does their site. The other choice was Uzuhi/The Spunks/54 Nude Honeys @ the Tap Bar, but that's $10 plus film/batteries and at the Knit. And right after I went off on the Tap Bar.

So either I'm a wuss or wise for staying in. Besides, I have a ton of stuff to do @ home. But will probably end up in front of the computer, writing. Hey, the more writing I get out of the way now, the more time I'll have later for cleaning the place and stuff later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home