hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's Mah Blogger Birfday!

Hollow Sidewalks started in the wee hours of July 24. That was a Sunday morning, so I'm thinking it was after a Seanchai show. Yep, I've been at this for a month.

I thought I'd be further along with the photo section and that's what's really bugging me. I was despairing yesterday, cursing my luck and my computer. Then I saw the daily CMJ listings and I thought, "Party! Party!" But not every venue website is up for September, like Continental and Lit, and I don't know what the cover is. So it's literally been a rollercoaster here. Angst and agita like a tangible force. I call it blogita--blog-related agita. Stomach acid and all. Things were supposed to be ready to roll by CMJ time. I put in the wrong link to the photo section and the bad link is coming up as a previous post, even though I corrected the link. Can't figure that one out. And oh yeah, Where am I going for Halloween? What am I going as? What am I doing about the rest of my life?

I may have posted too soon with Buzznet. There's a profile to fill out there and while I don't know what letting people know whether or not I smoke has to do with band photos, I filled it out. I wasn't too thrilled with the fact that others can fill out profiles when they comment on my pix because, hey, get your own account and a life. But people like doing that sort of thing, so that's not a biggie. I should've looked around at other photo hosting sites carefully. You can't crop photos. I'm a good photographer but I'm not that good. I can't do that much posting at work so the only other option is Kinko's, where time is money. Also, while the Buzznet address works well for my self-promo campaign, they're involved in bands and music promotions, they look fun, and they have pins for feck's sake, the site is cluttered. Messy. Sigh. And here's the biggie: photos aren't copyrighted. Anyone could download it and while I don't really care cause that's flattering, what if someone tries to claim them as their own? I'm a little tempted to say go for it so I could sue and have some money, here. But isn't that along the same lines as downloading music? Which I've always been all for, just go to the show and buy some merch to make up for it. But now I don't know. Another dark night of the soul. And I'm too busy for dark nights of the soul.

I realize now that maybe I should've started a separate bank account for shows/film. This way I could've had something in my savings account. Yeah, at the rate I'm going the shows/film fund would always have nothing in it as well but at least there would've been intrest. The things you learn when it's too late. Ain't it always that way?

I know, Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. For some reason, I just felt the need to touch base and tell you what's going on. What's that you say, less talk and more rock? You got it.