hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

They're The Band To See

FINALLY saw Avenue D last nite. I say finally--and all in caps--cause I went to see them at Lit in January and was told after sitting there for hours that Avenue D was going to either stop by or DJ. (When I saw that that gig wasn't even listed on their website I was thinking it was proof of a surprise gig. Or maybe they did play but I wasn't cool enough so the staff politely tried to throw me out)I was waiting patiently for the gig on my bday and they didn't go on till like 1:30 in the AM. Yeah, I saw the "8pm" on the flyer and even though listings said 10pm, well, I had to be up front on my birfday! ('Course I was worried that the silly string would still be in my hair today and I thought I broke my nose. Or somebody did 'cause I sure as hell wouldn't break my own nose. Still not even sure how it happened--there were strobe lights and I was tired and my camera went flying and got stepped on.)

Picture Le Tigre and Northern State starting a band but deciding that only 2 girls should be in it. And they should write songs about guys too drunk to fuck, vibrators, and trying to figure out if they look like a slut.

More later. I'm freakin tired.