hollow sidewalks

seeing shows so you don't have to.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Today's Mah Birfday!

Okay. A few things of note--and no, it's not "Northsix has a new website" because that's old news by now.

Still didn't do the expandable post summary thing correctly, hence clogging up the main page with all my deep (doodoo) thoughts. And I spent all day Sunday at the computer trying to figure it out. And it was a nice day out, not too humid, but then again I've been known to spend nice days inside dark, packed, humid venues. So I'll have to make my long stories short.

In my last letter from the blogger when I said "Nobody's reading this I hope (yet)," I meant I hope nobody's reading this while I'm trying to figure the nuances of this thing. I didn't have time to reread it before I hit publish. I'm hopin' to have things polished and ready by CMJ-time. You know--the C Musicians Jerkoff festival.

The pix are coming. I was thinking to only get the film developed for the shows I'm posting about and saying to hell with the beginning of the year but then I'll have piles of pix that are out of albums. So in the meantime I'll get some pix from last year (Le Tigre, the Briefs, the Donnas, Some Action, Captured! By Robots)up and hope I don't give up the blog before I get to this year's (Hot Hot Heat? Saints? Queers?Aquabats? Epoxies? Undertones? Spunk Lads Farwell tour?--Did I mention that it's my birfday? Film, 123-size batteries, and money always goes over well.)

I've reconsidered my "No Comments" stance. I wasn't going to have them for many good and probably predictable reasons but, hell--rock mags have letters to the editor and besides, comments are part of the whole blogging experience. Soon you'll be able to do your worst--when I'm further along; nothing like looking at yer blog, seeing "0 comments," and feeling like a (bigger) loser. And I can delete the ones I don't like.

Or delete the whole damn blog. We'll see. Well, enough with the letters from the blogger. We now return you to your regularly scheduled music blog.